Usually, pasta is the last meal that comes to our minds when we are trying to eat healthy. It has a very bad reputation because is high in calories, especially carbohydrates. According to a study made by National pasta association, knowing how to make the perfect pasta, helps us to lose weight as well.
Carbohydrates are the main concerns for the weight gaining, but sometimes if you choose the right ones, they can help you prevent the hunger. Pasta is rich in complex carbohydrates which release energy slowly and make you feel less hungry for a long time.
Pasta is very rich in vitamins, minerals, iron, fiber and folic acid. Folic acid is the main ingredient for preventing birth defects and having a healthy nervous system. Iron is responsible for preventing the tiredness feeling and the blood circulation.
Some pasta, especially the whole wheat ones, are very high in fiber, which is the substance responsible for the digestion and a healthy heart and blood.
According to National Pasta Association, 1 cup of whole-wheat pasta, contains 25 percent of the fiber we need in a day. Furthermore, pasta also low in sodium and cholesterol free. By adding whole wheat pasta into your diet instead of high sodium and high cholesterol foods, we improve our health a lot
Below I am presenting 3 healthy and very easy pasta recipes, which can be perfectly added to your diet.
Chicken, Pea& Leek Pasta
- 300 gr conchiglie pasta( or any other kind you like)
- 200 gr cooked chopped chicken
- 2 Chopped Leeks
- 100 gr frozen pea
- 250 gr ricotta
- 200 ml milk
- 100 ml white wine
- 100 ml chicken stock
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 60 gr parmesan grated
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180 c. Cook the conchiglie pasta into a big pan according to the given instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan, melt the butter. Add the leeks and garlic until soft for around 10 minutes. Add the wine, chicken stock and leave for another 8-9 minutes. After that add the peas and cook for 1 min.
- Remove pasta from heat and drain the boiling water. Mix them with the leeks mixture that we prepared, the cooked chicken, milk and 2/3 of the ricotta. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour the pasta mixture into the baking dish and top with the remaining ricotta, parmesan, and some olive oil. Let to bake for around 20-25 minutes, until it creates a crispy surface. Enjoy hot.
- 100 gr spaghetti
- 200 gr frozen peas
- 1 large free-range egg
- 100 gr fat-free yogurt
- 10 gr grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 Lemon
- 15 gr basil
- Crushed almonds
- Olive oil
- Put a pan of salted water into the heat and pour the peas for a couple of seconds. Remove and set aside.
- On the same pan, add the pasta and cook for around 10 minutes. Don’t forget to reserve a mug of pasta water at the end as you will need for the sauce.
- Meanwhile, in a non-sticking pan, toast some almonds. If you find it easier, you can add them into your toaster. Remove and add to your blender.
- Add the peas, basil, garlic, Parmesan, lemon, and salt. Blend until it comes all together and let aside.
- Take the bacon strips, and fry into the non -stick pan until crispy. Transfer to a plate.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and yogurt together. Take the cooked pasta and the blender mixture and whisk all together. Add the yogurt mixture. Be careful to have the heat off as this will prevent the egg to be cooked.
- Toss all together adding some of the pasta water. Season with salt, pepper, and crispy bacon.
- This plate is perfection and above all so skinny. Enjoy.
Delicious Rigatoni with Aubergines and Mozzarella
- 100 gr rigatoni or penne
- 1 Chopped onion
- 2-3 Balls mozzarella
- 2 Cans plum tomatoes
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 Dry Chili
- 1 Small bunch basil
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 10 gr grated parmesan
- Slice the eggplants into thick slices and then cut in half.
- Place a frying pan over medium heat, and add 4 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the eggplants, stirring frequently for about 8 minutes until they become soft.
- Add the garlic, onions, and when they become brown, add plum tomatoes, vinegar, basil sprigs, chilies and with some salt, pepper. Simmer the sauce for around 15 minutes, until the eggplants have melted. POur the heavy cream and the chopped mozzarella balls and leave for another 2 minutes until they totally melt and come together. Some would prefer mozzarella to be ended at the end, it up to you.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the instructions of the package. Drain the pasta, cooking a half cup of the boiling water.
- Mix the pasta and the reserved water with the eggplant mixture and serve into plates.
- Just sprinkle with some basil and parmesan and this super tasty plate is ready to eat.
Tip: If you like, you can add some chicken breast to this recipe.