The antipasti always bring a relaxed and cheerful spirit to our tables. Whether with friends or with our lovers, we always enjoy more a glass of wine if we companion it with some good antipasti.
I have always liked to test new dishes in my trips or in the restaurants around London and then prepare them according to my version. All my blog recipes were gathered from these trips, starting with the Paella, which was from several trips in Barcelona and Valencia, noodle soups from my Thailand vacations, antipasti mostly from my Italian days and so on. In the below post I am going to write how to make easy antipasti at low cost.
Antipasti mean ” Before the meal” and are supposed to stimulate our appetite before starting the main meal. It is very important to combine the ingredients with each other as are the flavors and colors that make an antipasto perfect. Certain elements taste terrible if combined with each other according to my experience.For example Parma ham and pesto.Don”t tend to try it.
- 2 Mixed cups of olives
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 2-3 Strips orange zest
- 3 Rosemary sprigs
- 3 Smashed cloves of garlic
- Ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, put mixed olives, half cup of olive oil, 2-3 strips of orange zest, rosemary sprigs and the smashed garlic.
- Next, sprinkle with salt and black pepper and toss well.
- Let stand for a couple of minutes or an hour. For better results leave more.
- Transfer into a clean bowel and enjoy.
Speck Wrapped Melon
- 5 Speck slices
- 2-3 Melon slices
- 6 Mint leaf
- 1 Tsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tsp olive oil
- In a large bowel, toss 10 1-inch pieces of the melon with all the ingredients salt, pepper, olive oil and white vinegar.
- Half the speck slices.
- Wrap each of the slices with melon and a mint leaf.
Cheese and Salami Antipasti
- Mixed cheese slices
- Mixed salami selection
- White or black grape ( Optional)
- Olives( Optional)
- Place the sliced salami, cheese and cheese on a wooden plate.
- Take a small bowl and place the olives in the middle.However, you can decorate in any other way.
- This antipasto is ready o serve with a glass of red wine. Enjoy.
Cheese with Nuts and Honey
- 4-5 Slices cheese, Pecorino or Parmigiano
- 2 Tsp of honey
- 5-10 Peeled nuts
- In a large antipasti plate, place the cheese slices.
- Pour the honey and the nuts.
- Simple and tasty, this antipasto is ready to enjoy.
Creamy Salmon Crackers
- 1 Package smoked salmon slices
- 10 Crackers
- Garlic Philadelphia
- 1 Dill leaf
- In a flat large antipasto plate, layer the crackers and spread them with the Philadelphia cream
- Then put the salmon fillets to each of them.
- Sprinkle with the dill. Enjoy! These are very delicious ideas and can be prepared for 3 minutes.
- 10 Pieces of 5 different fruits
- 10 Kebab sticks
For this colorful and healthy antipasto, you can use fruits that you prefer. I used grapes, strawberries, and pineapple.
- First of all, put the kebab stickers in a large antipasto plate.
- Next, take the fruits one by one and put on the sticks as shown in the picture.
- Quick and tasty this is easy to enjoy! Bon Appetite.