Do you feel confused and don’t know how to eat healthy foods? In this article, I am going to show you how you can pick the most recommended foods from nutritious around the world.
How To Eat Healthy
Well, you are not the only one. Based on a study, scientists present a way of eating called “low-carb,real-food” diet (LCRF).
What does “Low-Carb, Real-Food” mean?
A diet, low on carbohydrates means to reduce the sugars, starches and replace them with healthy fats and rich in proteins foods.
“Real Food”, low-fat means to choose foods that were used during the evolution of humans and to avoid processed and artificial chemical foods. This diet works better and this is how humans have evolved before the agricultural and industrial revolution.
What Foods You Shouldn’t Eat
In order to have low carbs, real foods, you should avoid the following:
- Sugars.Added sugar is the main cause of the Obesity, cardiovascular diseases and diabetes. Moreover, is considered as addictive and fattening.
- Grains.If you want to live healthy, avoid grains like pasta and bread. Gluten grains such as wheat are considered the worst but you can substitute them with healthier ones like oats and rice.
- Highly Processed foods.These kinds of foods are very unhealthy and very rich in unnatural chemicals and low on nutrients.
- Artificial sweeteners. According to the studies, there is a correlation between the artificial sweeteners and the Obesity. Even though they are calorie free, they still are harmful. So if you still decide to choose one, use Stevia.
- Seed and vegetable oils. Corn oil, Soybean oil etc, are processed fats with omega 6 fatty acids, which are quite dangerous for the overall health.
- Trans fats. This kind of fats are found in some processed foods and are chemically modified fats which lead to some serious diseases.
- Diet and low fats foods. These foods are loaded with a lot of sugars and many other processed ingredients which are not healthy at all.
What Foods Should You Eat
Natural and unprocessed foods are the best choice for a good and healthy diet. If you are a person that exercises and don’t want to lose weight, you don’t need to avoid tubers like sweet potatoes and potatoes or rice and oats.
- Meat: You should eat all kind of meats: Chicken, pork, lamb, beef, lamb etc. It is best to consume unprocessed meat, especially if animals have consumed natural foods.
- Fish: Fish is one of the healthiest foods, rich in many nutrients and omega-3 fatty acids. It is best to be consumed once a week.
- Eggs: Eggs are a perfect food that contains all the nutrients we need. They contain Vitamin A, Folate, Vitamin B5, B12, B2, Phosphorus, Selenium, Vitamin D and Vitamin K. They also contain Choline which helps to build the membranes of the cells and helps produce signals for the brain.
- Fruits: Eat as many fruits you can as they are rich in Folate, vitamin c, A, B1, B2, B6, K, niacin, and fibers. Furthermore, they have minerals like phosphorus, calcium, potassium, zinc, selenium, and antioxidants.
- Vegetables: Vegetables should be consumed every day as they have nutrients and fibers that are crucial for humans.
- Potatoes: Root veggies like sweet potatoes and potatoes are very necessary for the health but is good to be consumed in moderation as they are high in carbohydrates.
- Nuts and Seeds: Sunflower seeds, almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, cashews, etc. You should be careful if you are on a diet as they high on calories.
- High-Fat Dairy: Cream, Butter, yogurt, cheese, cream, etc. They are rich in calcium and healthy fats.Rich in healthy fats and calcium.
- Fats and Oils: It’s better to choose saturated fats for frying as they are more stable when heated.Olive oil, butter, lard, etc.
Recommended Healthy Drinks
- Water: You should drink as much water as you can during your day.The perfect quantity is to drink 6 to 8 glasses per day.
- Tea: Teas is very healthy and has not as much caffeine as coffee. It is very rich in antioxidants.
- Coffee: Coffee is very rich in antioxidants but should be taken in control quantity if you are sensitive to caffeine.
- Carbonated Sodas: It is ok as far as they are without artificial sweeteners.
Other Foods You Can Consume
You can consume some “Forbidden foods” that doesn’t affect your health.
- Dark Chocolate. It’s better to choose organic chocolate that contains 70% cocoa.
- Alcohol. Choose drinks like wines that are free of added sugars or carbs.
How Many Carbs Should I Take Per Day?
The quantity of the carbs you take per day depends on your metabolism. Some individuals feel good when taking only 50 grams of carbs per day, while others may take 150 grams.
- 10-20 grams per day: This quantity is considered very low and is appropriate if you are overweight or have diabetes. It can be taken only by eating low-carb vegetables.
- 20-50 grams per day: You can consume vegetables in small quantities and one fruit daily.
- 50-150 grams per day: You can consume several fruits per day and even starches like rice and potatoes.
If you take less than 50 grams of carbs per day, you can’t eat any bread, pasta, grains, sugar and more than a fruit daily. If you want to measure the quantity of the carbs you take, go to Fitday and create your account.
Why does it work?
As we know our food diet has changed 10, 000 years ago during the agricultural revolution. But if we compare it with the change of the food processing revolution, the transformation is huger. The diet that humans today is very different from the one of our ancestors but anyway there are still populations that live by hunting and eating natural foods. These have excellent health conditions and lack the diseases that the modern population I suffering today. According to the studies, people that have a natural diet like our ancestors, the so-called paleolithic diet, have noticeable good health conditions.
The “Insulin” Hormone
Insulin helps to move glucose from the blood to cells.When insulin is not enough, diabetes is caused. Some of the other roles of the insulin are as follows: It makes fats cells to produce fat and stop breaking down their fat. On a high carb diet, the level of insulin is high all the time, making this way the fat to be locked safely in the fat cells. When the insulin is high, the body doesn’t provide enough energy.
A low carb diet balances the sugar of the blood and as a result, lowers the levels of insulin. These diets are very satiating. Your appetite is reduced and you start automatically to eat fewer calories than you burn, which leads to weight loss. The main advantage of a low-carb diet is that you can eat until fullness and lose weight without counting calories.
Benefits of a Low-Carb Diet
There are some claims that low-carb diets are not healthy. According to them, low carb diets are high in saturated fat which increases cholesterol and leads to heart diseases. But researchers show the opposite and you don’t have to worry about that. Saturated fats soar the good cholesterol HDL and change the bad cholesterol from bad, LDL, to large LDL. Low carbs appear to be more effective in weight loss compared to low-fat diets.
- Blood Sugar.The main hallmark of the diabetes is an elevated blood sugar which is very dangerous. Low-carb diets reduce the blood sugar.
- Body fat. Low carb diets, eaten until you are full, leads to more weight loss than a low-fat diet that is very restricted in terms of the calories.
- High Triglycerides. Low carb diets lower triglycerides compared to low-fat diets.
- Blood Pressure.When it is high, it will go down on a low carb diet.
- sdLDL( Bad) Cholesterol. Low carb diet changes LDL cholesterol to change from small, dense LDL, to large LDL.
- HDL (the good) Cholesterol: Having more good cholesterol, means having a reduced risk of cardiovascular diseases. The above statements have been proved in randomized controlled trials.
Side Effects of Low Carb Diet.
In the beginning when you start a low carb diet, it quite normal for you to have certain side effects. The most common ones are as follows:
- A headache
- Feeling Lightheaded
Here it’s an example I have prepared for you which includes an arguably perfect low carb diet.
A Perfect Low Carb Diet
Breakfast: Omelet with different vegetables
Lunch: Yogurt with blueberries and almonds
Dinner: Cheeseburger without the bun. Vegetables and salsa sauce.
Breakfast: Eggs and Bacon
Lunch: Leftovers from the cheeseburger
Dinner: Boiled salmon and vegetables
Breakfast: Fried Eggs and vegetables in butter
Lunch: Olive oil Shrimp salad
Dinner: Grilled chicken with vegetables
Breakfast: Omelet and vegetables. Fried in coconut oil or butter
Lunch: Smoothie with berries, almonds coconut milk, and protein powder.
Dinner: steak with vegetables
Breakfast: Eggs and bacon
Lunch: Olive oil chicken salad
Dinner: Pork chops with vegetables
Breakfast: Omelet with vegetables
Lunch: Grass-fed yogurt with berries, walnuts and coconut flakes.
Dinner: Meatballs with vegetables
Breakfast: Eggs and bacon
Lunch: Smoothie with coconut milk, berries, protein powder and heavy cream.
Dinner: Chicken wings with spinach.
This is the article for you to learn how to eat healthy. I hope you enjoyed it and don’t forget to share it with your friends.