Are you tired from work and don’t have enough time for cooking? I am presenting to you a menu on how to cook super quick meals that take 20 minutes or less. Healthy recipes from stir-frys, sandwich, pasta, and salad. I cook them usually on my busy nights and sometimes even on lunch. They are all low carb and super healthy. If you want to control every calorie you take, is better to substitute the pasta with skinny pasta from any organic food store.
Beef stir-fry is my first choice on the menu of how to cook super quick meals. It is easily made in less than 20 minutes during the busy weekdays.
- 400 gr steak, thinly sliced
- 100 gr broccoli
- 2 Carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 Red or green pepper
- 1 Chopped spring onion
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Teaspoon minced garlic
- Over medium heat, heat the vegetable oil in a large wok or deep pan. Add the steak strips and cook for around 3- 4 minutes or until they become brown. Remove meat from the heat and set aside.
- Add broccoli, carrots, green peppers, garlic, and spring onion in the wok and cook for another 3 minutes until they become tender.
- Mix meat with the vegetables and add soy sauce and sesame seeds. Stir well and leave for another 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and enjoy over steamed rice or alone.
- 300 gr penne or spaghetti
- 70 gr chorizo
- 1 Large egg
- 2 Tablespoons yogurt
- Manchego cheese
- 1/2 Lemon
- 3-4 Garlic cloves
- 1/2 Chili
- 2 Sprigs of rosemary
- Olive oil
- Ground black pepper
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water for 8-10 minutes or according to the instructions.
- Meanwhile, slice the chorizo finely and with olive oil, put into a frying pan all together with chili, rosemary, the crushed garlic and some pepper. Stir frequently and remove from heat when becomes gold.
- In a bowl, beat the egg with the lemon juice, yogurt, and some manchego cheese.
- Drain the pasta, reserving a little bit of its water.
- Toss pasta in the chorizo pan and add the creamy sauce. If it is necessary to add some pasta water.
- This super delicious and easy pasta is ready to serve.
Crazy Club Sandwich
- 4 Slices whole wheat bread
- 1 Teaspoon mayo
- 1 Teaspoon basil pesto
- 1 Teaspoon sun-dried tomato pesto
- 2 Leaves of gem lettuce
- 2-3 Ham slices
- 1/2 Avocado
- Toast the bread slices and set aside. In two small bowls, mix the basil pesto and sun dried tomato pesto with 1 teaspoon of mayo each. Leave in the fridge to cool.
- Take 3 slices of the toasted bread. Spread one side of one piece with pesto mayo. Place the ham slices and lay some lettuce leaf on top of it.
- Spread the other toasted bread with pesto mayo and put the avocado slices on it. Invert the ham piece of bread with the avocado one. Next spread the last slice of bread with the sun-dried tomato mayo. Put some ham and the rest of avocado. Add some cheese.
- Invert the slice of bread with the previous ones. Cut the sandwich into 4 triangles and put a toothpick on each of them.
- This amazing yummy recipe is ready to enjoy.
Grilled Chicken with Avocado Salad
- 1 Chicken breast
- 1 Avocado
- A handful of cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- 1/2 Lemon juice
- In a medium bowl, slice avocado, half the cherry tomatoes and add olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Leave to marinade for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put a frying pan into the heat and add some olive oil. Slice the chicken breast and put in the pan. Sprinkle with some salt, pepper, and paprika. Leave for 5-8 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the heat and put on a serving plate.
- Add the avocado salad on the side. This super-healthy quick dish is ready.