Chicken and Vegetables Puff Pie
- 200 gr chopped chicken breast
- 1 Chopped Leek
- 3-4 Mushrooms
- 1 Egg beaten
- 1 Puff pastry
- 4 Slices bacon
- 1 Garlic clove
- 120 ml white wine
- 180 ml chicken stock
- 1 Knob butter
- 3 Tablespoon plain flour
- Ground Black pepper
- Mixed herbs
- Heat a frying pan with olive oil over medium heat and add the chicken. Cook until brown and then add the leeks for 3 minutes. Add garlic, bacon, mushrooms and leave for another 2 minutes. Sprinkle with some salt, pepper, and mixed herbs.
- Stir well and then remove from the heat. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan and add the flour stirring frequently. Slowly pour some stock and wine taking care to avoid lumps.
- Mix the chicken with the sauce paste and transfer into a pie dish. On top of it, lay a pastry, cutting the excess with a knife and brushing with the beaten egg.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C and leave to bake for around 40 -45 minutes until the pastry has risen.
- 120 gr Halloumi cheese
- 1 Courgette
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Yellow pepper
- 120 gr cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 Chili
- Olive oil
- Fresh Mint
- On a chopping board, cut the courgettes lengthways and then in half rounds. Put in a large bowl. Chop the halloumi cheese into 2 cm cubes and add to the bowl. Cut the yellow pepper into 2 cm cubes as well and add to the bowl.
- Chop the mint leaves and the chili as well removing the seeds. Put everything in the bowl of vegetables, squeezing some lemon juice, olive oil, and ground pepper.
- Preheat grill. Divide the halloumi cubes, cherry tomatoes, courgettes and peppers between skewers.
- Grill for around 15 minutes or until the vegetables become soft and cheese is melted
- Serve with pita bread.
Sweet Chili Drumsticks
- 6 Chicken drumsticks
- 2 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoon sweet chili
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together, drumsticks, honey, sweet chili and soy sauce. Leave to marinade for 1-2 hours in the fridge.
- Preheat oven or if preferred barbecue.
- Place the marinaded drumsticks and bake for 20 minutes or until they become crispy gold.
- Baste with their own sauce during baking.
- 500 gr minced beef
- 2 Onions chopped
- 350 gr spaghetti
- 80 gr mushrooms
- 500 gr can tomatoes
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 300 ml hot beef stock
- Ground pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- Grated parmesan
- Put a large frying pan over high heat with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the chopped onion, minced beef and garlic and fry for 4-5 minutes until they brown. Add mushrooms together with herbs and leave for 3 minutes more.
- Stir the beef stock and tomatoes and bring to a boil for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a pan of salted boiling water cook spaghetti for 8-10 minutes. Drain well and then whisk in the meat sauce. Sprinkle with the half of the parmesan and stir well.
- Serve on plates and sprinkle with the rest of parmesan cheese.
Beef Fillet in White Wine Sauce
- 2 Beef steaks
- 1 Package asparagus
- 3 Shallots
- 5 Baby red potatoes
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1/4 Cup red wine
- 1/4 Beef broth
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil
- First, prepare the marinade for the meat. In a large bag, add beef steaks and combine red wine, beef broth, salt, pepper, brown sugar and balsamic vinegar. Leave for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C. In a baking dish, put all the vegetables, add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss all together and bake for 45 minutes.
- Put a non-stick skillet on medium heat and 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil. Remove the steaks from the bag of marinade and put on the pan. Leave to 3-4 minutes each side. Remove from heat and put on the serving plate.
- Add the reserved marinade to the pan and boil for 1 minute.
- Meanwhile turn the oven off and place the roasted vegetables on the plate with steak. Pour over the gravy.